Local media refuse to name suspect who ‘produced knife’ during attack
Police swarmed the Mall of America Sunday night after a reported stabbing in the men’s department of Macy’s.
For the second time in just over a year, a Somali “refugee” has stabbed shoppers with a knife at a Minnesota mall.
The first case, on Sept. 17, 2016, was a clear act of jihad when Dahir Adan injured 10 people in the Macy’s at the Crossroads Center Mall in St. Cloud after asking his victims, chosen at random, if they were Muslim.
But on Sunday night a man identified as Mahad Abdiaziz Abdirahman, 20, of Minneapolis stabbed two men at the Mall of America after they tried to stop him from stealing clothes inside the dressing room at Macy’s.
Abdirahman is a common Somali Muslim name.
Mahad Abdiaziz Abdirahman
Bloomington Police Chief Jeff Potts said in a news conference that “the suspect went in and tried to take some property and, when confronted, he produced a knife and stabbed one man. Some family members assisted the victim and a second man sustained another knife wound.”
The first floor of the Macy’s store was temporarily closed after the incident.
KSTP reporter Beth McDonough reported heavy police presence at the mall Sunday night up to 10 p.m.
Ambulance outside Macy’s MOA…stabbing..large police presence pic.twitter.com/w2S6VrGJkn
— Beth McDonough (@bmcdonoughkstp) November 13, 2017
“The initial investigation has revealed that one of the victims returned to the dressing room after trying on clothing and found the suspect attempting to steal his personal property,” Bloomington Police said in a press release. “A confrontation ensued and the suspect pulled a knife and stabbed the victim. The second victim, who is related to the first, heard the confrontation and intervened and in doing so was also stabbed. The suspect received minor injuries from the victims while they disarmed him… Mahad Abdiaziz Abdirahaman, 20 years old from Minneapolis, is being held on 2 counts of 1st Degree Assault.”
While police identified the latest attacker as Mahad Abdirahman, the local Star-Tribune still was not reporting his name or background on Monday morning, referring to the man arrested only as “the suspect.”
Minnesota has the largest population of Somali refugees in the U.S., with numbers approaching 100,000, and Gov. Mark Dayton has told residents of the state that if they are not comfortable living among the refugees they “should find another state.”
Why? Because they keep coming.
Somali refugees still arriving under President Donald Trump
Even under President Donald Trump, who campaigned on the promise of cutting off all Islamic immigration, the flow has slowed but not stopped. In the last two months alone, 280 refugees from Somalia have arrived on U.S. shores, with 56 of them going to Minnesota, 29 to Colorado, 19 to Ohio, 15 to Missouri, 14 to Indiana, 13 to Wisconsin, 11 to Nebraska and 12 each to New York and Pennsylvania, according to data from the Refugee Processing Center.
Even tiny towns like Noel, Missouri, Dodge City and Garden City, Kansas, and Lexington, Nebraska, continue to get a steady flow of refugees from Somalia and other jihadist hotbeds such as Sudan.
It doesn’t seem to matter how bad the Somalis act or how little of an attempt is made at assimilation, they keep coming from the United Nations refugee camps with one-way plane tickets to America.
Somali terrorist released from ‘rehab’
Just last week, a young Somali man who tried to join the Islamic State in 2015 was released from a “rehabilitation” program in Minnesota. The program was modeled on a German rehab experiment.
Abdullahi Yusuf, one of nine Somali men arrested in an FBI probe of ISIS recruitment in Minnesota, on Thursday became possibly the first American to be allowed back into society after trying to join the Islamic State, the Star-Tribune reported.
A federal judge in Minneapolis granted Yusuf, 21, supervised release from the federal halfway house where he has been held since his sentencing in November 2016.
Senior U.S. District Judge Michael Davis, who oversaw last year’s landmark ISIS recruitment trial in Minneapolis, granted Yusuf’s release after spending 45 minutes closely questioning both the young man and officials from the U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services office in Minnesota, according to the Star-Tribune. Yusuf will remain on supervised probation for 20 years.
Eric Hermes, Yusuf’s probation officer, testified that while in the halfway house, Yusuf earned his high school diploma, underwent counseling and participated in community service.