While Trump foes and the media have played up the gloomy surveys, the latest Gallup poll shows that American optimism in personal finances is just three-points shy of the all-time record, and significantly higher than it was under former President Obama.
- 53% call their personal finances “excellent” or “good,” compared with 49% in April.
- The Gallup high was 56% last year. Under Obama, it never hit higher than 48%.
- By 41% to 37%, Americans said their situation is getting better rather than worse.
- 61% of Republicans said their finances are getting better, up from 47% in May.
- 27% of Democrats said their financial situation is improving, compared with 28% who said the same in April.
(Excerpt) Read more at: